I am so glad that I have finished with the written part of my final homework for CMPT 371 (Data Communications and Networks) at Simon Fraser University. It usually takes me past midnight to finish any of the homeworks or programming assignments. Which reminds me - the programming part of the assignment is due on April 8 which is this Sunday. I haven't looked at it yet but I'll be glad when that is done. It's been hectic recently, especially with the sale and purchase of our home. It's been hard to focus in on the lessons and on the reading materials but I think I have learned a lot and am now almost prepared to tackle some more theories and research topics in Computer Science. I have missed this type of traditional classroom learning but am I tired!
Our kitchen garburator had been out of order for the past few weeks and I thought I would give it some tender loving care this Christmas Holidays because we'll need it. It's a Mainline Model 1900 and has been very dependable for the past 6 years. This happened a few times before and all I did was run a wooden barbeque stick through the serrated edges of the garburator blade to dislodge whatever gunk was in there and that did the trick. It didn't this time and I was ready to spend some money. I was tempted to call our plumber and have them fix this for me (here take my money) but I thought to myself, how hard can this be. I was also tempted to take the whole thing apart to clean whatever was causing the blade to not spin but I'm sure I would have lost a few fingers or two if I did that. What did work was using something everyone already has lying around the kitchen - a butter knife. Take the butter knife and find the gap in the blade to insert the tip of the kn