Saturday, September 12, 2015

Engine Break Cable Replacement for my Lawn Mower

It's been more than 3 years since I had any issues with my 11A-410A552 MTD Yard Machine lawn mower (see previous history here http://www.chromiloamin.com/2012/05/part-2-black-smoke-from-my-lawn-mower.html) so it must be time for it to give me some anti-love. The engine break cable broke this past week so I couldn't mow the lawn. It also broke a while back but I was able to jerry-rig a replacement by re-connecting the cut cables with some wires and super glue. Can't believe that it lasted for 3 years. Instead of doing the same fix this time, I gave in and bought a replacement engine break cable. I searched around the web for the correct part number to order from MTD's website or from Ebay but my lawn mower must have been made before 1996 because I can't find any manuals for it.  The closest I could find was from Sears with part#746-0551 but said it was a throttle cable. It didn't look right so I just went to CanadianTire and was lucky that MTD sold this part #746-0552 for $20 including tax. It was the exact cable I was looking for. Problem solved.



I can now get back to not mowing my lawn.

No comments: